Monday, September 18, 2006




Things change. People change. Time rolls on. I deleted my myspace account last week and I've been a mess ever since. I'll admit it; I wasn't ready. I'll even admit I acted in haste. They say the first step when you're a habitual myspace user (/loser) is admitting you have a problem, and I do. It's been a week and, aside from this strange empty feeling deep in my soul, I think I'm doing ok. Maybe all need something to fill the void.

And this is how Ok! I Help. came to be. Consider it your niece or nephew: check in on it everyday, look over it's shoulder as it grows up, and show it some comment love. I wouldn't even complain if at Christmas you send cards with 50 dollar bills in them. Eventually I will be packing my bags and heading over to the new Braap!! , as soon as Jon decides he's ready, but until then: enjoy.

shooby taylor - lift every voice and sing (mp3)

This song has grown on me so much that I refuse to think that anyone could hate it. The mesmerizing scat, the baseball stadium organ, the simplicity, the title for christ's sake - it's seemless as far as I can tell. Listen carefully to the rally cry and tell me it isn't something special. I dare you.

Shooby Taylor was a scat musician and new york city postman, check his website for more on his interesting story and more mp3s


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home